23-year-old, Shaquille Duncan of Festival City was remanded to jail today on an armed robbery charge. He was arrested after being accidentally shot by his accomplice during their escape.
With the gunshot injury to his shoulder, the accused stood before Magistrate, Sherdel Isaacs-Marcus and denied the charge made against him.
The Prosecutor revealed that on the 5th February at Mandela Avenue, Duncan robbed Steve Monroe of a gold chain worth $360,000,while being the company of another man who was armed with a gun.
During a scuffle between the three men, Duncan’s accomplice fired a shot that hit him on the shoulder during their escape. The friend made a getaway leaving Duncan behind. The accused was accosted by public spirited citizens.
The Police Prosecutor objected to bail and bail was denied. The matter is set to continue later this month.
Similar To This Article
- Vendor slapped with 10 year jail sentence on armed robbery charges
- “Whistle” shot dead; Three others injured in Festival City drive-by
- Construction worker remanded to jail over $1.4 million robbery that was caught on camera
- 20 years in jail for recaptured escapee after guilty plea in manslaughter case
- 3 More Wanted for $58 Million Gold Heist
- Lethem businessman remanded for construction of illegal airstrip