His seatbelt was fastened and he was preparing for take off.
Instead, a Cummings Lodge man was taken off a Canada bound flight this morning at the Cheddi Jagan Airport after agents of the Customs Anti Narcotics Unit received a tip that he was a cocaine swallower.
The 39-year-old man was taken to a city hospital and has so far excreted a total of 86 cocaine filled pellets. He admitted that he may have swallowed a whole lot more.
According to CANU, Julius Fidel Watkins of 2nd Street Cummings Lodge, East Coast Demerara, may have swallowed more than 100 pellets.
Agents and Doctors are keeping a close eye on him this evening as he prepares to have a long night of pellet passing.
In its statement, CANU said “it is Important to note that these practices are hazardous to the health of the intended trafficker and can gravely compromise life.”
There have been several cases of the cocaine pellets bursting inside the body and causing the death of the trafficker.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login