The Guyana Police Force has announced that following consultations with Minister of Public Security, Khemraj Ramjattan, the Commissioner of Police has proceeded with the transfers of Senior Officers of the Police Force which had previously been put on hold.
The Police Commissioner just after the new President was sworn into office, announced the transfers but was later asked by President Granger to put a hold on them until the new Public Security Minister was in place. Mr. Ramjattan was sworn into officer two weeks ago.
The postings of the Senior Officers are as follows:
– Assistant Commissioner Christopher Griffith who was the Divisional Commander of “C” Division, has been posted in command of “B” Division. He replaces Assistant Commissioner Brian Joseph who is now the Head Presidential Guard.
– Assistant Commissioner Marlon Chapman, who was the Divisional Commander of “D” Division, has been posted in command of “C” Division replacing Assistant Commissioner Christopher Griffith.
-Senior Superintendent Stephen Mansell, who was the second in command of “D” Division, has been posted in command of the Division replacing Assistant Commissioner Marlon Chapman.
– Assistant Commissioner Leslie James who was the Assistant Commissioner “Law Enforcement” has been posted to the Office of the Commissioner of Police.
– Senior Superintendent Wendell Blanhum who was second in command at CID Headquarters has been posted as Head Law Enforcement (Crime Chief) replacing Assistant Commissioner Leslie James.
– Senior Superintendent Whitney Bacchus who was at the Commissioner’s Office has been posted as 2 i/c “Operations”, replacing Senior Superintendent Lyndon Alves who is now second in command of the Presidential Guard.
– Senior Superintendent Errol Watts who was the Officer in Charge of the Tactical Services Unit (TSU) has been posted second in command of “B” Division.
– Superintendent Hugh Dehnert who was the second in command of “B” Division has been posted as the Officer in Charge of the TSU, replacing Senior Superintendent Errol Watts.