An illegal electrical connection at the SACHI’S shopping tent facility on Regent Street has been determined to be the cause of the fire that gutted the tent and the department store next door three nights ago.
Fire investigators have concluded that the fire started at the tent facility which was located on the plot of land that once housed the Sachi’s Store.
The Sachi’s Store was gutted earlier this year and the owners recently decided to set up a shopping tent. The probe into the February fire at the Sachi’s found that the fire was deliberately set.
The most recent fire is being linked to the illegal electrical connection that was located at the bank of the shopping tent. The fire ravaged the shopping tent and quickly made its way to the building next door, completely gutting that building which housed a number of stores.
Millions of dollars in losses were reported by the owners.