Extradition proceedings began in the Magistrates’ Court today for alleged fugitive Troy Thomas, who is wanted in United States for murder.
In a court filed with family members of the deceased along with friends and relatives of the accused, the Court called the first witness to take the stand.
Also present in the Courtroom was a battery of Lawyers, including Nigel Hughes, Darren Wade and Bernard Dasilva who all entered an appearance for the accused.
On the other side of the courtroom, Attorney Stacy Goodin, entered her appearance on behalf of the United States.
Assistant Superintendent of Police, Eon Alonzo took the stand and during cross-examination, testified that on the day that the Police arrested the alleged fugitive, the instructions came from the Crime Chief.
Alonzo was the only witness to take the stand today, as the matter was adjourned until Monday, 26th March.
In the wee hours of March 14th, Police ranks went the home accused in Lilliendaal and effected his arrest. His girlfriend Lolita Calendar, aka Lola was also arrested but later released after a Court appearance on another unrelated matter.
The Guyanese American man is wanted in New York in connection with the 2011 murder of Keith Frank in the same New York area.
The two reportedly had a confrontation outside a nightclub when Frank was shot multiple times. Thomas was identified as the assailant, but he reportedly moved to Guyana just after the incident and has not traveled back to the United States over the past seven years.
The US issued an arrest warrant for him earlier this year after receiving information that he was hiding out in Guyana.
Similar To This Article
- Attorneys argue Magistrates’ Court has no jurisdiction in hearing extradition case
- Judge dismisses US fugitive’s application to block extradition hearing
- Attorneys move to High Court to block ongoing extradition proceedings for Guyanese American man
- US murder fugitive charged and remanded to jail; Denies that he is wanted in the U.S
- Three more charged for British teen’s murder including pregnant woman and her mother
- Policeman bus driver charged for causing death by dangerous driving in Regent Street crash