Minister of Health, Dr. Frank Anthony is heading the National COVID-19 Vaccination Task Force, which has been activated to prepare the country for a vaccination drive when it gets the COVID-19 vaccines.
The Task Force has brought together health professionals in government as well as senior military and police officials and representatives of the private sector and other groups.
In a statement today, the Health Minister explained that there was a deliberate descision to appoint members to the Task Force who possess specific skill sets that would be required for any national immunisation programme in general, but more importantly having regard to the nature of the COVID-19 pandemic in particular.
“The members are public service professionals who are familiar with immunisation programmes, cold storage operations and medical supply chains, as well as private sector representatives who have been have trained in vaccination campaigns and who understand the expectations, thereby representing a diverse blend of people who have the required expertise and commitment to this national effort in response to COVID-19,” he said.
Guyana has recorded 41 new cases of coronavirus in the past 24 hours with six persons now in the coronavirus intensive care unit.
The Chair and members of the COVID-19 Vaccines Task Force are as follows:
1. Minister of Health — Dr. Frank Anthony (Chair)
2. Advisor to the Minister of Health — Dr. Leslie Ramsammy
3. Chief Medical Officer — Dr. Narine Singh
4. Director General of Regional Health Services — Dr. Vishwa Mahadeo
5. Director of Primary Health Care Services — Dr. Ertenisa Hamilton (Secretary)
6. Deputy Director of Regional Health Services — Dr. Veronica Griffith
7. Director of Surveillance Unit — Ms. Sasha Walrond
8. Director of the Food & Drug Analyst Department — Dr. Marlan Cole
9. Officer in Charge of Health Communications — Ms. Shabana Shaw
10. Team of Immunologists — services to be sourced externally when needed
11. Representative from the Joint Services — Mr. Clifton Hicken
12. Representative from the Guyana Revenue Authority – Mr. Lance Wills
13. Representative from PAHO/WHO — Dr. Luis Codina
14. Representative from UNICEF — Mr. Irfan Akhtar
15. Cold Chain Technician — Mr. John Ramotar
16. Pharmacist — Dr. Karishma Jeeboo
You must be logged in to post a comment Login