The 24-year-old Linden woman from Wisroc who was hospitalised last week after ingesting poison and feeding the same poison to her children, passed away this morning at the Linden hospital.
The young mother was in critical care since being admitted to the Linden Hospital last Thursday. Her condition worsened over the past two days.
The two children, ages 8-years-old and 6-months-old, remain hospitalised with the younger child being transferred to the Georgetown Hospital for additional medical care.
On Thursday morning, the mother and the two children were rushed to the hospital from their Wisroc home after the poisoning. She reportedly admitted to what she had done.
The three were all immediately admitted with the mother’s condition being listed as critical. She showed no signs of improvement in the past three days and died this morning just after midnight.
Reports out of Linden indicate that the woman fed her children a poisonous substance and ingested it herself following an argument with the father of the children.