A Corriverton, Berbice family has been thrown into mourning following the death of their 5-month-old baby.
It is suspected that the child, Mason Cush, was electrocuted after chewing on an electrical cord in the home.
The incident took place on Wednesday morning.
According to a police report, the baby was at home with his parents, Onessa Jackson and Errol Cush, and a 3-year-old brother at the time of the tragedy.
Reports suggest that while the mother was making up her bed, she placed the baby on the floor with some of his toys. Moments later, the 3-year-old alerted the mother that the baby had grabbed on the cord for the tv set and had placed it in his mouth.
When the mother rushed to pick up the baby, he was already in an unconscious state. The couple rushed the young baby to the Skeldon Hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival.
The body is at the hospital’s morgue awaiting a post-mortem examination. The tragedy is being probed by the Police.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login