Roof gutter installer electrocuted at worksite

Roof gutter installer electrocuted at worksite

A 19-year-old man, who was working as a roof gutter installer, lost his life on Friday after he was electrocuted while installing gutters on the roof of a 3-story building.

The dead youth has been identified as Bryan Hardial of Covent Garden.

A report from the Police explained that Hardial and a co-worker were at the building to install aluminum gutters.

The 19-year-old was reportedly on the third floor of the building when tragedy struck. The report stated that while he was lifting some aluminum gutters, they came into contact with the electrical wires on a nearby lamp pole. The youth was electrocuted as the electricity ran through the aluminum product.

His body was pitched to the ground and Emergency Medical Technicians were summoned to the scene. The young man was rushed to the Georgetown Hospital, where he died.

The investigation has found that he was not wearing any safety boots or any other safety gear at the time of the tragic incident.

An investigation has been launched by the Police and the Labour Department.

You must be logged in to post a comment Login