An early morning fire on Wednesday ripped though a section of the L’Aventure Secondary School on the West Bank of Demerara leaving millions of dollars in damages and losses.
The fire service was summoned to the scene just after 8 o’clock after smoke was seen coming out from the section of the school. Quick action by the fire service contained the blaze to the one area. It is believed that the fire may have been started by a faulty electrical supply to an air conditioning system.
No one was injured. An investigation is underway.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login