Four days into the search for the three fishermen who were thrown overboard when their fishing trawler flipped over and there is still no sign of the fishermen.
However, one of the search teams out in the Atlantic has found a large fishing net that they believe belonged to the trawler that sank.
All three missing fishermen are feared dead. A fourth fisherman who was rescued on Saturday moments after the vessel sank, has told investigators that the vessel started to encounter problems early on Saturday morning and water was seen rushing into the engine room, moments before the vessel flipped over and started to sink.
The vessel’s captain is among the three missing fishermen. They all worked for Noble House Seafoods.
The company broke its silence yesterday.
In a statement, Noble House seafoods said it has met with the relatives of the missing fishermen and will continue to support the search efforts.
The company came under fire from the Government for not properly informing the authorities about the tragedy at sea in a timely manner. The emergency services learnt of the tragedy more than 24 hours after it occurred.
Since then, searches have been taking place in the Atlantic ocean, just off the coast of Mahaicony.
The fishermen were out at sea for one week when the tragedy occurred. Their family members are still holding out and hoping that the men will be found alive. That hope has been dimming over the past 24 hours.